Mrs Angela Cobbold
Angela is a Healthcare professional who qualified as an Operating Department Practitioner (ODP) in the Armed forces in 1993. Developing a wide range of proven experience within all areas of the operating theatre and hospital environments. Specialist areas include anaesthetics, surgery, surgical first assistant, laparoscopic surgery, endoscopy unit, sterile services and post anaesthetic patient care unit.
Angela joined the University of Suffolk in 2017 as a course leader and Lecturer in operating department practice. Previous academic experience at Anglia Ruskin University undertaking roles surrounding course validation and curriculum development, facilitating on a variety of modules and distant learning module development.
Previous clinical role in the practice setting encompassed working as Clinical Practice Educator and Training Co-ordinator for pre-registration healthcare students. Clinical Team Leader and multidiscipline practitioner with the ability to implement high standards of clinical skills within anaesthetics, advanced scrub practitioner, scrub practitioner, surgical first assistant and the post anaesthetic care unit.
Previously undertook a Doctorate in Health Science with a focus on decontamination science education and professionalisation with De Montfort University.
- Perioperative patient care
- Sterile service staff and professionalisation
- Qualitative research
Professional Memberships and Consultancy
- Health Care Professional Council registration assessor
- Trustee for Association for Perioperative Practitioners
- Clinical auditor perioperative environment Association for Perioperative Practitioners
- Member of the protein detection and decontamination working group: DH England
- Member of the Professional Expert Communications Forum: Decontamination of medical devices
- Journal Operating Department Practice (Member of editorial board)
- Journal Medical Devices (Member of editorial board)
- SAGE (book reviewer)
- AfPP peer journal reviewer
- JODP peer journal reviewer
- Principle Fellow Higher Education Academy